Sunday, November 2, 2008

Insulation

Final step before drywall was installing insulation. Lowes had a sale on R13 rolls of Owens Corning faced insulation at $10 a roll. The pre-cut bat insulation was almost $40 for 13 pieces. Each roll would cover 4 joist spaces with a little scrap. So this worked out to $30 for 12 pieces. I was happy cutting to length, so for what I needed, it was about $60 cheaper to get the rolls.


I didn't have a stapler, so it was time for a new tool. Home Depot had the Ryobi One plus stapler on clearance for $45. What a great little stapler. It accepts a variety of staple lengths and has a simple dial to adjust the hammer force. I installed all the insulation on one charge with plenty reserve, and I had no staple jams. I dropped it off the ladder several times with no cracks and no functional issues.



Here's a picture coming in from the unfinished space in the basement.



And from the bottom of the stairs.

I stitched two pictures together with some issues around the treadmill, but you get the picture.


It's noticibly quieter with the insulation in, and looking a lot more like a functional room.

No comments: